Back during Summer, my friend Ana took some photos of me out in my favourite place, my garden. 
I am not one to enjoy getting in front of the camera, but I can look at my garden all day long! It is my sanctuary, my frustration and my proudest achievement all in one. 
What started out as a small square of herbs on a bit of boggy ground has turned into a field full of vegetables and flowers that provides for us all year round. Nasturtiums and beans race each other up the trellis, strawflowers sway in time with the raspberries, lettuce and leeks are kept in line by towering marigolds, and dahlias look down their nose at the parsnips and beets below. Breadseed poppies, borage, fennel and calendula freely self seed where they choose, only kept back by thick layers of hay for pathways.





My garden changes gently with the seasons, bursting to life in the new year with spring growth, a riot of lime green from the trees and the telltale yellow of the daffodil before quickly becoming blanketed with the pinks of the cherry blossom and tulips. The summer brings forth the riot of colour, flowers popping up seemingly from nowhere and happily packed in close quarters to the vegetables. Autumn shifts with breezes swaying over the flowers, the garden birds pecking at the sunflowers, and the vegetables bursting out of the ground ready to be harvested.

At the moment, the garden is bedding itself down for the winter. The summer bulbs are being pulled, the leaves have been shaken down from the trees, the annuals are succumbing to the rain and the frosts, and I am cleaning and packing away my tools for the season with my faithful garden companion Woody by my side. 







Household chores are forgotten and work is forsaken when I walk up in the direction of the garden with Woody at my heels but I would not have it any other way. I already can not wait to see next years garden.


Thank you to my friend Ana for these photos to treasure. You can find her on socials @anadorado and here website here. 







Comments

  1. You, Woody and the garden all looking fabulous. Gorgeous photos Ana ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. What I wouldn’t give to be in that garden right now!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts